Let's continue with more “Easy Does It in the Kitchen”. Let us redesign the recipes themselves making them healthier and more family friendly.
As I was looking through a bake sale cookbook, there were recipes galore suitable for the school bake sale or other charitable ventures to make money. I removed those pages that attracted me. Holding onto the rest of the book can be somewhat time wasting and a burden. Time stands still for no one, especially little children.
There was a picture of cookie bar that reminded me of cheesecake. So instead of following the steps for this luscious looking 'cake', I will substitute ricotta or dry curd cottage cheese and include the other ingredients: dried cherries, chocolate chips and toasted coconut. Why not, I thought? Where's the harm? It looks like cheesecake so I will remake it into a cheesecake. I will report back to you, my valued and treasured readers with my results.
I have been the Momsey blog over for 14 years. I was told to by an eighteen year old I had known for a only few months. No one spoke, wrote or thought like I did, she remarked. Over 30,000 readers from across 25 countries- including Germany, France, Italy, United States and Canada, to name a few, have been a part of my vast audience.
I have never entered into other social media platforms - Instagram, Facebook and others. No desire. I do not text. My heart had other important parts to it called grandchildren, dogs, volunteering and special education. I thank you for being there for me. My readers inspire me to write funny, sad and informative stuff. It's all about we!
Look at any recipe and if parts of it are not appetizing, change it. Your health matters all the time. In one canning magazine, the recipe called for 7 cups of sugar to 4 cups of peaches. Why bother?. If sugar is considered harmful to health, buy the next jar of peach or strawberry jam at the grocery store. It might be a better choice. Just read the ingredient list to decide. Read to your children / grandchildren so they can read labels and report back to you. Mine are food critiques.
Have children create salads in a jar with a teaspoon or less homemade dressing on the bottom. Let them layer the vegetables, and protein, customized to each family member, then refrigerate. When ready to eat. Flip the jar with lid on to dress the contents. Something different and more inviting, too? The sky is the limit. Little children will love the adventure in the kitchen where wealth and health live. Creating food experiences will guide them to their healthy futures.
No comments:
Post a Comment